Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 77: Happy music by David Banner & 9th Wonder (Music Video)

David Banner & 9th Wonder - Be With You ft. Ludacris & Marsha Ambrosius

- Updated 12/21

I just want to share this music video of one of my current favorite songs called "Be With You" by David Banner & 9th Wonder (featuring Ludacris & Marsha Ambrosius), which will be featured on their collaborative album called Death of a Pop Star set to be released on December 21st.

Back then, I neeever thought David Banner was that great of a rapper when he first emerged onto the scene as I always thought he was all about keeping it "hood" and he was just too wild for my taste. I'll admit, I got to liking a few tracks he came out with such as "Play" and "Get Like Me" but back then my hip-hop library was mostly filled with all these mainstream party songs (I was a total MTV kid). I loved to party all the time but I sorta grew out of that phase though... well for the most part ;)

Fast forward to now, I guess he decided to change his image & "grow up" as he teamed up with 9th Wonder on this album coming out. I think he's going in the right direction with this as it sounds like he's putting more substance in his lyrics, songs, and the overall sound to his music. It looks like he's having fun but in a mature sort of way, don't you think?

I'm swayed enough by the few songs I've heard so far that I'm gonna have to buy this album when it comes out. FYI, 9th Wonder makes the dopest beats!

Saw the music video here first: Nahright.com

I posted the audio of this song before in case the video doesn't stream well for you:
Day 59: Time to chill to the sounds of David Banner & 9th Wonder (Audio)

No comments:

Post a Comment