Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 84: Jay Electronica in a Mtn Dew commercial (Video)



I just saw this Mountain Dew commercial from a friend's post on faecbook, so I had to put it on here because I thought it was pretty cool how it gives people a glimpse of what Jay Electronica is about. I'm happy to see that he's getting more exposure these days as this d00d has mad talent as an artist, and it's about time he jumped into the spotlight.

As some of you may have heard, Jay Electronica has been getting more of a buzz lately after he stepped away from working with good friend Sean "Diddy" Combs and signed under Jay-Z's label Roc Nation in early November. I think this was a good move for him & his music as I'm thinking if he signed with Diddy then his music would turn into "Diddy's music" and about what Diddy wants, you know what I mean?

For those who haven't heard of Jay Electronica, here's a song he came out with right after he signed with Jay-Z (sort of his official stamp to signing with Roc Nation). Check it out if you haven't heard it already:

Jay Electronica - Shiny Suit Theory ft. Jay-Z & The Dream

- Alt Audio Link

Listen to his lyrics; he's a good story-teller. Totally diggin this beat too...

No comments:

Post a Comment