Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 36: Ice Cube keepin it OG in da West (Audio)

http://daysofj.blogspot.com/

Born & raised in the streets of LA, Ice Cube has been reppin the West since he was a lil boy and is still holding it down to this very day. Although he's been MIA from the music industry for a long time now (last album in 2008), he recently just came out with an album called "I Am The West" which was released on Sept. 28th.

In this album, he continues to keep his music "hood" with his flows and spits over some raw & funky beats. I've listened to a few songs from the album and let's just say that I haven't heard anything that can be played on the radio because of the "explicit-ness." I still like a few tracks on there though and here are some that caught my ear:

Ice Cube - Man vs. Machine
*Audio removed (Sorry everyone but I had to take this down)
(Diggin the piano & violin incorporated in the beat)
- Alt Audio Link (iTunes bonus track)* <<< added to my favorites *Link removed =(

Ice Cube - Pros vs. Joes
*Audio removed (Sorry everyone but I had to take this down)
Alt Audio Link (iTunes bonus track)*    *Link removed =(

Ice Cube - Drink The Kool-Aid
*Audio removed (Sorry everyone but I had to take this down)
Alt Audio Link*    *Link removed =(


I'm off to Vegas so "today's gonna be a good day." Have a good weekend! Deuces.

* 1/11/11 Update: I had to remove all the audio links but I'm sure you can listen to those songs elsewhere..

No comments:

Post a Comment