Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 109: Grammy Weekend - Roots Jam Session by Hennessy (Events)

http://daysofj.blogspot.com

2-12-11 (Hollywood, CA): There were a lot of fun events going on in LA due to the Grammy's that happened this past weekend, and I just so happened to check out one of them: The Roots Jam Session presented by Hennessy Artistry.

This was such a chill event mixed with a plethora of musical performances at a very classy venue (The Music Box). So many different artists performed and I couldn't remember all their names, but luckily my homie gave me the 411:
Jimmy Fallon (host), Bobby McFerrin, Sara Bareilles, Ryan Leslie, Ne-Yo, Chuck Brown, Estelle, Betty Wright, Chaka Khan, Lalah Hathaway, Melanie Fiona, Taj Mahal, Booker T, Too $hort , Marsha Ambrosius, Donnis, Young Chris, Asher Roth, Blu, Anthony Hamilton, Raheem Devaughn, Trombone Shorty, Craig Robinson X THE ROOTS!!
I definitely had to take advantage of all the Hennessy I could, but stopped at one point because I was getting too buzzed and was losing focus on my goals: checking out the art displays, listening to good music, watching the live performances, and taking awesome pictures with my new Cannon S95 =)

Props to my homie Rex4000 for hookin me up with this one. Also, I wanna give a shout-out to his other blog site about the LA lifestyle & more right here:

--> http://uncvr.wordpress.com/ (Check it out!)

Last but not least, here are some pictures I took of the event:





More pictures in my album right here:

7th Annual Roots Jam Session by Hennessy Artistry

I had such an awesome time from beginning to end.. Mad props to The Roots & Hennessy for setting this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment