Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 106: Who is this kid from Compton, Kendrick Lamar? (Music Video)

Kendrick Lamar - Look Out For Detox

- Alt Audio Link (explicit lyrics so quiet down and listen!)

Just recently, Kendrick Lamar has been hovering around my radar ever since I heard this track called "Look Out For Detox". This beat bumps pretty hard and the entire song is so freakin RAWW. It sounds like he just freestyled this because his rhymes are everywhere.

I don't know much about this Kendrick Lamar d00d yet, but it sounds like he's being taken under Dr. Dre's wing and will be releasing an album later this year called Good Kid in a Mad City. With Dre's help, I'm sure Kendrick Lamar will get a boost of fans nationwide and become the spark of the new generation in the West. For now, I'm interested in the kid but not totally sold yet, so we'll see what he has in store for the rest of the year.

On the note of the WestCoast, I'm hoping 2011 will be OUR YEAR as The Game (The R.E.D. Album), Snoop Dogg (
Doggumentary), and Dr. Dre (Detox) are all about to come out with their albums this year.

Where ya'll at, WestCoast stand up!!

Props to J.Li for showing me this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment