Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 299: Get familiar with Joey Bada$$ & watch out for that "Pro Era" (Video)



Amongst a lot of young hip-hop artists emerging onto the scene lately, Joey Bada$$ is on my radar as being the next one on the list to break out. He already has a growing fan base in the NY scene and continues to gain fans in other parts of the world (his music's reached me all the way west in LA).

Btw, this is one of my top tracks from his mixtape that came out in early Summer of this year called "1999". Take a listen to the whole mixtape and you'll see how each track brings back that 90's feel. I like how he's acclimating this in his rap persona and what makes him sick is his creative wordplay. I grew up as a 90's hip-hop head, so his style definitely appeals to my ears. Artists like this is what keeps me believing that hip-hop will reign supreme again like the golden times back in the 80s-90s.

Watch out for his new mixtape called "Pro Era" scheduled to drop on Dec. 21st. Looking forward to that one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment