Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 259: Sad day for Hip-Hop - Rest in Peace MCA... Beastie Boys still live on

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic

- from the album Hello Nasty (1998)

Now, I was too young to get into the Beastie Boys when they exploded in the hip-hop scene during the 1980s, but I've always been a fan since I first heard their music back in junior high. When I was starting to get into hip-hop music, I was drawn to tracks like "Brass Monkey" and who can't forget "Sabotage"(soo ill!).

On a real note though, I heard earlier today about the news of Adam Yauch's (aka MCA) passing due to cancer. A very, very sad day for hip-hop and their fans, which is why I wanted to dedicate this post to him and the Beastie Boys crew.

If you're a fan of real hip-hop then you gotta know the history of the Beastie Boys as they were true pioneers of the genre helping put hip-hop on the map. Let's bow our heads for a moment of LOUDNESS, embrace their music, and let it live on forever. Music will always bring him back with us...

#RIPMCA

No comments:

Post a Comment